From:
John Bird <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jan 2012 16:40:21 -0500
Very sad to hear of the passing of a great Mark Twain scholar and a great
person. When I think of James Cox, besides thinking of how much he taught me
in The Fate of Humor and other work, I think of the documentary piece that
Sandy Bradley was working on, the short film she made of outtakes where
scholars like Lou Budd and James Cox talked about their personal feelings
for Mark Twain. As Professor Cox was talking, he choked up and teared up and
could not continue. He said, "Of course, you can't use that." She did, and
it captured the heart and soul of the man.

John Bird