From:
"ALAN C. REESE" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 1993 16:39:44 -0500
Ted,

I don't think it's a matter of being shocked at Twain's sexual
predilections,
as much as it is being appalled at a chunk of shoddy research being foisted
on the reading public who often take everything printed as the final word.
Neither is it a matter of "how well or not P.H. proves his points." He
proves
nothing. He's like the little boy with a low mind who points at the
silhouettes on the shade and thinks he sees a naked woman when it is nothing
more than the shadow of an object cast on the shade that is neither naked
nor female.

And I guess Mr. Dagnall has the same right to sling around ad hominem
arguments as you do.

Lastly, I don't recall Hoffman indicated which sex acts Twain engaged in, so
let's not be putting words in his mouth or penises in Twain's. Thanks.
Yer buddy (hope no one takes that the wrong way)

Alan C. Reese