James Edstrom <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 31 Mar 2008 17:51:59 -0700
I hate to admit to doing without any of his works, but I have to confess
that for me it's his Joan of Arc.  I've tried to plow through it many
times, always unsuccessfully.  And yet he thought it was his best work.
But what do I know?

Jim

<-----Original Message----->

 	  	 From: Carmela Valente [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 3/31/2008 5:09:50 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: True confession

Dear Twain Group:
Obviously, this list is in existence because all of us love and
appreciate
Mark Twain's works. Is there any book of Twain's that you could happily
do
without? I thought of this as being on the Dickens list, I happened on
my
own to come upon his "The Uncommercial Traveler", and I didn't really
care
for it. As a child, I didn't like the Prince and the Pauper, though
shamefully, I have not revisited it as an adult.
The sacrilegious twainiac,
Camy
.