Sandra Uetz <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 14 Mar 2008 18:14:38 -0700
Jeffrey,

  I have Gribben's book and looked under journals and found only the Journal of American Folklore. The 900+ page book does not separate books from journals, so the only way to really answer your question is to do a systematic search because, of course, not all journals start with that word.  Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

  Regards,
  Sandra Littleton Uetz

"Miller, Jeffrey W" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Greetings,

Could anyone point me towards a source that details the American and/or
British journals to which Twain subscribed and/or read regularly? Is
such a thing in Alan Gribben's _Mark Twain's Library_ (a book to which,
unfortunately, I don't have access at the moment)?

A quick look through the indices of my biographies (Justin Kaplan,
Everett Emerson, Ron Powers) turns up only references to journals in
which Twain published or journals which reviewed his work.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff Miller
Gonzaga University