From:
Barbara Ladd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 14:08:34 -0500
It seems to me that even though The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn is a
book for adults or older children (we are all older children, I guess),
there are certain sections that would be interesting to children of 7 or
so--I think of Huck's clever escape from Pap Finn, of the sections
dealing with Huck and Jim on the island. No doubt there are others. But
in many ways Tom Sawyer might be the better choice for most second graders.

Barbara Ladd