Sender:
Mark Twain Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 2010 16:22:41 -0800
From:
doug bridges <[log in to unmask]>
Regarding Mr. Salwen's remark that he has not and probably will not read the
(entire) autiobiography,  I can only say,  too bad.  I bought the book as soon
as it was published, as he did, and I also bought the unabridged audiobook
version of it.  I agree with Mr. Salwen that the hardback is large and not too
easy on the eyes of those of us who have loved Twain for 50 years or more, but I
can testify that I listened to the audio nearly non-stop (I had to go to work,
and eat and sleep) and I loved it.  I bet Mr. Salwen has not heard all the
stories....but if he has, he will enjoy them again without doubt.

Not everyone will read a book this long that seems to ramble, but those who do
will be rewarded with lots of humor and insight into humanity.  And they will
encounter some very well crafted prose.  As soon as I cool down from listening
to the audio,  I plan to listen to it again.  I agree with the old saying,  too
much of a good thing is wonderful.