Sender:
From:
Richard Hake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 2010 16:40:34 -0700
Some subscribers to Twain-L might be interested in "A Guide to the
ADLsphere: Over Eighty Academic Discussion Lists With Links To Their
Archives & Search Engines" [Hake (2010)].

The abstract reads:

***********************************
ABSTRACT: The present "Guide to the ADLsphere" (pronounced
Addlesphere - no pun intended) consists of five parts:

I. Addresses, Descriptions, and Links to the Archives and Search
Engines of Over Eighty Academic Discussion Lists (ADL's) - including
Twain-L.

II. Some Strengths of ADL's

III. Some Weaknesses of ADL's

IV. LISTSERV Utilization
     A. What's a LISTSERV?
     B. Subscribing and Unsubscribing
     C. Monitoring Posts

V. References
***********************************

To access the complete 3.7 MB guide please click on <http://bit.ly/970OZr>.

Honorary Member, Curmudgeon Lodge of Deventer, The Netherlands
President, PEdants for Definitive Academic References which Recognize the
       Invention of the Internet (PEDARRII)
<http://www.physics.indiana.edu/~hake>
<http://www.physics.indiana.edu/~sdi>
<http://HakesEdStuff.blogspot.com>
<http://iub.academia.edu/RichardHake>

"It is not enough to observe, experiment, theorize, calculate and
communicate; we must also argue, criticize, debate, expound,
summarize, and otherwise transform the information that we have
obtained individually into reliable, well established, public
knowledge."
       John Ziman (1969): "Information, Communication, Knowledge," Nature 224
        (5217): 324 online at <http://bit.ly/cNPB1d>.

REFERENCES [URL's shortened by <http://bit.ly/>]
Hake, R.R. 2010. "A Guide to the ADLsphere: Over Eighty Academic
Discussion Lists With Links To Their Archives & Search Engines,"
online as a 3.9 MB pdf at <http://bit.ly/970OZr>.