From:
Beverly David <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 May 2005 17:00:10 EDT
Victor:  Thank you for the information.  I had an e mail from MacDonnell who
did the search for his 211 on the CD -- but couldn't remember if that
included
the contents and illustrations pages or the captions and the page headers.
will send your information on to him in a forwarded e mail.  Do you know
anything about the italics for HE HAD A RAT!.  MacDonnell looked through
some of
his editions and didn't find the caption in italics. I know from reading Cal
03
that the original drawing does not exist (at least not now) but I was
curious
as to why it is in italics in Cal 03 and Hearn?  Thank you again.