From:
Tracy Wuster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Aug 2009 09:12:36 -0500
Hello all,
A few things.  First, I hardly need to add my voice to the chorus of praise
of the conference, its planners and attendees, and especially of Barb and
her staff.  As a graduate student attending for the first time, I was
overwhelmed and delighted by the intellectual quality of the panels and,
more importantly, the gracious personal support and excitement of all
attendees to everyone, but especially to me as a graduate student.    The
only problem, as I see it, is that the conference may have ruined other
conferences for me...but see my third point below.

Second, Alex and Mark, I have a pitch-black video of Hal Holbrook up on the
hill talking about meeting Clara.  The sound quality is poor, but I could
make a transcription and send it along to individuals or the forum, if
people would like.

Third, while unable to compete with this past weekend, the Humor Studies
Caucus of the American Studies Association is sponsoring two panels at the
upcoming ASA meeting in Washington, D.C.--one on the pedagogy and
methodology of humor studies and one on Mark Twain.  Following that, we will
be planning for the 2010 conference in San Antonio.  All are welcome to be
involved in the Humor Studies Caucus--there are no responsibilities, dues,
or other encumbrances, unless you want to present on a panel (or organize
one, even better).  Please contact me off list if you are interested at
[log in to unmask] and see our website at
http://www.theasa.net/caucus_humor_studies/

Best,

Tracy Wuster
American Studies