From:
Scott Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Apr 2022 11:35:42 -0700
-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Re: Matters of Conscience
Date: 	Mon, 4 Apr 2022 10:01:58 -0700
From: 	Scott Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
To: 	[log in to unmask]

Thank you very much for this note.  Controversies can be interesting
and, being of a geographical nature, this one I find particularly
intriguing.  I do like Regan's thought on referring to the stork as "The
Pilgrim" .  "This intrusion of fiction into a work of almost
journalistic reliability should assure us that the author knew what he
was about-that he perceived the need for early treatment of the pilgrims
as the boys' antagonists and as their foils."