From:
Barbara Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2023 23:04:34 -0500
Bob  -- thanks for this.  I did further searching and found an article
online at J-Stor.org by Paul Fatout that sheds light on Lafayette as well
as cites additional Lafayette press coverage and reviews of the Lafayette
appearance at the Grand Opera House.

The Twain-Cable Readings in Indiana
Paul Fatout
Indiana Magazine of History, Vol. 53, No. 1 (March 1957), pp. 19-28 (10
pages)

This article is free to read for independent researchers if you have signed
up for a J-stor account.

Barb