Sender: Mark Twain Forum <[log in to unmask]>
From: "Ronald C. Wagner" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 10:11:09 -0800
I was wondering what people's thoughts were about reading Huck Finn to
children around the age of 7 or so.

One guy at my office started reading HF and quickly realized his mistake
due to the language.  We discussed the possibility of censoring the
material, but that is problematic as well.  Do you substitute words?
What word is suitable?  Do you skip parts?  Do you read it as it's
written?  Do you not read it until they're older? What?

So what does this community suggest?

Ron Wagner