From:
Scott Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jan 2023 12:39:12 -0800
Thank you very much for this lead.  I'd seen mention of the celebrations
but your materials make this much more germane to my project.  One word
that continually pops into my head as I follow the life and times of
Mark Twain is fractals.  This is also a condition that makes printed
work obsolete by the time it comes out.  There are always new paths to
follow.  Since sending my last message I've also discovered that Jean
was born at Quarry Farm.  This would mean the family spent more time
there than I had at first thought - as Livy would not want to move about
too much. Perhaps it shows up in your research but I wonder if Sam had
much direct involvement in the festivities.  I must now return to my
"paid job" but will read through this material as soon as I can. Thanks
again...

--
/Unaffiliated Geographer and Twain aficionado/