Sender: Mark Twain Forum <[log in to unmask]>
From: Charles Yates <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 14:32:39 -0800
You can get "The Apple Tree" on CD.  I recently ordered it from Amazon.com.  It is just as fun to listen to it as when I got it on LP 20-plus years ago.

Charles Yates, LMSW-ACP
Bethany, Yates & Assoicates
Personal Counseling & Consulting
803 Stadium Drive, Suite 101
Arlington, TX 76011

Hilton Obenzinger <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Whoa, Dennis! Jerome Kern and Kurt Weil? Amazing. Do you are anyone on
the list know of any recordings we can order of both of them?

Hilton

At 04:42 PM 3/7/2004 -0500, [log in to unmask] wrote:
>I have not kept up with this particular strand of conversations, so I hope I
>am not repeating what has been said before.
>
>There is a musical comedy of the Prince and the Pauper. I know I have a copy
>somewhere in the house. And there is an older musical--I think with a pre-MASH
>Alan Alda-- called "The Apple". It is based on The Diaries of Adam and Eve. I
>remember it as being particularly nice. I think I might have an old LP of
>it, or at least a tape.
>
>I believe Jerome Kern also wrote something, perhaps just an overture.
>
>And there are the Kurt Weill songs for the Huckleberry Finn musical that
>never happened.
>
>Dennis Kelly

Hilton Obenzinger, PhD.
Associate Director for Honors Writing, Undergraduate Research Programs
Lecturer, Department of English
Stanford University
415 Sweet Hall
650.723.0330