Sender:
From:
Keir Cutler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 15:12:59 -0400
Dear MT Forum users,

I have found it fascinating to read the different reactions to the War and
the many attempts to bring Twain back to life to comment on the Iraq
situation.  Thank you to all who have been so active reincarnating Twain
over the past couple of weeks.
     I find it refreshing that this forum is open and permits discussion on
even remote topics.  Some forums are censored to the great detriment of
their users.  I was recently unable to tell a Shakespeare forum about my
adaptation of Mark Twain's "Is Shakespeare Dead?"  because the editor of
this site banned all discussion of the Shakespeare authorship question.
Clearly it is better to deal with the occasional off topic email than to
employ someone to place his personal prejudices in between a forum's
subscribers and pertinent information.
     As to the war.  I think it is safe to assume that Mark Twain would have
not missed the horrible irony that a Republican oil man in the White House
had his army protect the Baghdad oil ministry and while leaving one of the
worlds great museums to be ransacked by looters.

Enjoy the Forum very much,

Keir Cutler, Ph.D.
www.keircutler.com