From:
Alan Kitty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jul 2019 14:05:17 -0400
I completely disagree about conflicting eye color evidence. You have a photograph depicting apparent blue. My eye color is hazel. But depending upon the weather, sky and landscape tone, and clothing color, they reflect gray, blue or green. And I have had more than one audience member comment about my blue eyes.

Also, I would say that Twain’s own comment about his “auburn” hair (although I do not recall where I read the remark) is a more credible source than commentary by any less involved observer.

Sent from my iPhone