From:
Benjamin GRIFFIN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 May 2015 11:15:31 -0700
I'd say that during the 1880s Susy and her family changed over, broadly
speaking, from Susie to Susy. The latest I find her signing herself "Susie"
is in 1882. Her father continues to write "Susie" throughout that decade,
and later. There may be more specific information that I don't know about.

In any case, the MT Project's "A Family Sketch" anthology follows the
spelling of the source documents without alteration.

--
Benjamin Griffin
Associate Editor, Mark Twain Project