Sender:
From:
Kent Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jan 2014 20:06:53 -0500
Penny's death is indeed sad news. Less than a week ago I was telling a
friend outside the field about her wonderful work on Mark Twain's
illustrators. I also mentioned how great she had looked at the 2009 Elmira
convention, when she had shocked me by revealing she she was 82 years old. I
would have believed she was 20 years younger. Well, she reached the age of
86, and that ain't bad, but I'm sure I'm not alone in wishing she had made
it to 100. I'll miss her.