From:
"K. Patrick Ober" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 1995 07:39:05 -0500
Larry Marshburne has noted, in response to a question:
>Twain had plans, in 1875, to return Huck to St. Petersburg as a Bishop;
>and, in 1891, to return Huck sixty and insane. Twain apparently never
>wrote such a piece.  See the Introduction to the University of
>California's 1969 _Hannibal, Huck, and Tom_ for details.
>
>_H,H, & T_ does contain the Huck fragments which do survive including
>_H.F. & T.S. among the Indians_, and it would be an excellent source for
>your Huck studies..

>From my prior communication with the University of California people,
_Hannibal, Huck, and Tom_ is out of print, as are a number of older Mark
Twain issues that members of this forum (especially the newer ones) may be
interested in.  Does anyone know of other sources for these?  Is there any
mechanism by which U of Cal could reprint some of the older editions in the
Mark Twain series (as a number of them seem to be repetitively cited when
various questions come up, and apparently contain information which is not
readily available eslewhere)?

Pat Ober ([log in to unmask])