From:
Ron Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2011 09:55:07 -0500
Kit, I have read each Forum response to this act of censorship, and
have waited for a definitive answer such as you've provided.  From the
beginning I've been enraged over what Mr. Gribben has done and have
believed it to be a blatant surrendering of scholarship.  It was the
same rage I felt years ago when I saw the director of art I worked
for, after a complaint from a parent,  using markers to place halters
on all the Gauguin Tahitian women in an art book.  You have so well
articulated for me what I felt.  I am sending your response to my son
who is the Vice Provost and also director of the writing center he
formed at St. John's in Queens.  He collects gems like yours.
-- Ron O. in Elmira