From:
Harold Bush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Sep 2008 09:59:15 -0500
The question of Louise Brownell's letters to Susy is intriguing.  My memory
plays tricks now and then but I think Karen Lystra mentions this possible
romantic pairing in her book, and maybe it's in the footnotes there that the
letters are mentioned.  Or is it Andy Hoffman's biography?  Or is it
something the Linda Morris wrote along those lines?

I doubt if the letters are extant, but I still wonder what was the precise
nature of the Susy-Louise friendship.  Susy's letters may be out there
somewhere, in fact I seem to recall that they are, just too lazy at the
moment to go find out. [gotta cut the grass, Gustav hammered us this week,
but the sun's finally out this morning]

  If you figure it out, or the whereabouts of those letters, I'd love to
hear a report of your findings.

Harold K. Bush
Saint Louis University