From:
Steve Courtney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 May 2020 15:16:14 +0000
Greetings!

The Mark Twain House's first virtual version of our "Trouble Begins at 5:30" series -- "Trouble at Home" last night featured Dr. Kerry Driscoll in conversation about the Mark Twain Papers and Project, her own work, and a range of other Twainian subjects and discussions. It went off triumphantly, with 169 registrants -- many friends from near and far, including a good proportion of you out there. Thank you so much for your attendance, participation, and support.

Those who could not catch the conversation last night can find their way there via this link:

https://www.crowdcast.io/e/trouble--home

Our next event, on Thursday, May 28, at 5;30 p.m. EDT, will focus on Susy Clemens whose father hailed her "vivacity, enthusiasm, precocious wisdom, wit, elegance, penetration, nobility of character." The interview guest will be Grace DiModugno of our Living History historical interpreter staff. She takes visitors around the Hartford house in costume, recreating Susy's life there for them. Her experience doing that, along ith a natural talent for absorbing and interpreting information, provides a terrific experience for those visitors. She'll relay what she has learned about Susy, and some tales of visitors and their curious ways. Again, free, and I'll post the link for access when I get it.

Again, thanks!
Steve

Steve Courtney
Curatorial Special Projects Coordinator