Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 1996 08:33:20 -0500
I fail to see why imbibation discussion takes precedence, in an academic
forum, over Twain's seemingly grammatically incorrect choice of words in a
story title.

I gave a pedantic response to the that/who question because I felt the
original question was appropriate to the Forum, and the seemingly endless

It's great that we make personal and professional relationships on the
Forum, but I wish we would keep such correspondence personal.  I look
forward to private e-mail from any Forum member, and I hope members with
common interests contact each other.

I'LL BUY a beverage, in Elmira, or in December at the D.C. MLA, for the
first one who/that responds PRIVATELY to me at [log in to unmask]
Please do not clutter the Forum archives with offers of jeers, cheers, or
beers.  And please complain while inappropriate discussions are taking
place, not after the things appear to have ended.

lovingly, larry marshburne