Sender:
From:
Hal Bush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Aug 2017 07:13:00 -0400
Well, my friends, it was a blast.  OK, I'll bite: here is the official
place to post your favorite moments and memories.  I'd love to hear
anyone's thoughts on the experience, so please hit "reply" & add on...

--Elmira College and the Center are in great hands:  Joe & Matt and staff
did spectacularly and I am so grateful having them at the helm.  Well
done:  many people remarked on their enthusiasm and vision going forward.
--Much stirring talk about humor, satire, wit, jokes, and/or some variation
of that subject area, over several sessions:  turns out Jim Caron is quite
the humorist!  Except he may not like being called that...  and everyone I
consulted agrees that it should have been real whiskey, not iced tea, they
were sipping...
--Japan wins again for most represented nation outside the USA!!  Otsukare
sama deshita!!  One scholar, a Syrian national, was unable to join us due
to the travel ban -- which we learned from a tearful Matt Seybold.  Matt
was not the only person moved to tears over the weekend by the way ...
--Great turnout and good weather -- and as usual, it was the PEOPLE
involved that made being at Elmira 2017 very special and memorable.

gratefully, --Hal B.

--
Prof. Harold K. Bush
Professor of English