From:
Leonard Auslender <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Dec 1995 10:52:58 -0500
I have been lurking for quite some time on this list now, and nobody has
talked about what I consider Twain's most powerful and dark book (even more
so than Puddinhead Wilson), Letters from the Earth. Has no one anything to
say about Twain's reactions in literature to the loss of his children, to
his
opinions of Christianity, and to the almost unbearable poignancy of this
book?

Cheers,

Leonard Auslender