From:
Jim Zwick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 1996 06:01:49 +0000
Huckleberry Finn is on the Electronic Frontier Foundation's list
of literature that could be banned from the internet
(http://www.eff.org/BlueRibbon/sites.html) as a result of the
"decency" provision of the new telecommunications bill signed by
President Clinton yesterday.  With a quick browse through my
Mark Twain Resources on the WWW page, I think I could have
to remove the link to Virginia Cope's excellent collection
of Huck Finn materials -- especially because it is made doubly
"indecent" by including the rare obscene illustration  that
appeared in sales prospectuses for the book; all links to Huck
Finn; and certainly the link to 1601.  But all is not lost.  We'll
still have Disney's "Tom and Huck."

Jim Zwick