From:
Tom Poole <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 1996 09:35:37 -0600
I'm a professional playwright who has been commissioned by the Children's
Theatre Company in Minneapolis to create a play based on stories from
Mark Twain's writing.  I'm posting here to invite subscribers to offer
their suggestions about what to include in the play.  It will be a play
with music, a little less than an hour in length, intended to tour
nationally beginning in the fall of 96.  I will be using short stories,
as well as material lifted from longer works, fiction and possibly
non-fiction, the only restriction being that the material is entertaining
for children in grades 1-7 (more or less.)  I'd appreciate any advice on
material, productions of Twain works you've seen, even music you might
think is appropriate.  Please don't offer any ideas which you wouldn't
want someone else to make use of freely (without compensation, other
than my sincere thanks.)
Yours, Tom Poole ([log in to unmask])