From:
Judith Yaross Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Sep 2009 09:53:53 -0400
I also use the MTL edition.  My students LOVE the illustrations, which open
them up to the humor of the text (their high school teachers treat it SO
solemnly), and they find the maps and other geographical and historical
info in the back very helpful as well.

--On September 2, 2009 4:28:47 PM -0500 Larry Howe <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> I use the Mark Twain Library edition.  Its affordable, reliable,
> includes the original illustrations, and it supports the Mark Twain
> Papers project.
>
> --Larry Howe
> On Sep 2, 2009, at 4:11 PM, Harold Bush wrote:
>
>> just out of curiosity -- which edition of Huck Finn do teachers on
>> here
>> prefer to use in the classroom?
>> I used to use the old Bedford critical edition edited by G. Graff
>> but I see
>> it is now evidently out of print.  It may be that the Penguin classics
>> edition (Seelye) is also either out of print or about to be replaced.
>>
>> --
>> Harold K. Bush, Ph.D
>> Professor of English
>> Saint Louis University
>> St. Louis, MO  63108
>> 314-977-3616 (w); 314-771-6795 (h)
>> <www.slu.edu/colleges/AS/ENG/faculty/hbush.html>

Judith Yaross Lee, Ph.D.
Professor and Director of Honors Tutorial Studies
School of Communication Studies
Lasher Hall, Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701
VOICE: 740/593-4844