From:
Gregg Camfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Feb 2012 13:54:01 -0800
John,

I hope you're not kidding about having a session on this at Elmira, and, if
you take the task seriously, you'll need a chair.

I think we should strive to perform this session in the spirit of the Twain
who wrote in the preface to _Roughing It_, "The tighter I get, the more I
leak wisdom." We should not, on the other hand, emulate Jim Blaine, whose
drunken maunderings separate dogs from providential design.  We will, after
all, need to provide some of the hair of the dog the next day.

Gregg