From:
"Carl J. Chimi" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 May 2019 18:35:45 -0400
Just a theory, and I am certainly no lawyer.  But, while the web page may be copyrighted, the text by Twain certainly isn't, being of a certain age.  And we are of a digital age, so why not simply copy ONLY the Twain text from that page and paste it into whatever software you use to create your scripts?  Or, if that still feels unethical, just type the text yourself, using the text on the web page as your model.

Keep in mind that someone somewhere had to type in that text at some point in order for that web page to exist.  Might have been that web page's creator; might have been someone else many years ago.  Whoever did it presumably felt free to do it because the copyright had long ago expired and the text passed into the public domain.

Regards,

Carl