From:
MATTHEW MILLER <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 1995 22:03:27 -0600
It seems to me, that this anti-Huck person is just bashing a book she
doesn't like.  I have yet to see any evidence beyond personal bias
that "Uncle Tom" is better than "Huck Fin."  It's one thing to say "I
don't like the book,"  but quite another to say "The book is inferior
because I don't like it."  I have no problem with her voicing her
views, but disguising them as an absolute value judgement is foolish
and sad.

Matthew Miller