From:
"Arianne ." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jan 2018 18:57:41 -0800
Thanks for this useful link.  I  read the essay and enjoyed every word.  My
1963 thesis is
still relevant, I am relieved to report.  It concluded, in fact, with one
of the   long quotes in this piece, referring to a"pitying snob"
writing about him in the 1960s.   That is exactly what I did!

 I'm trying to finish another manuscript based on articles I found in one
of his scrapbooks, but am not sure how to
deal with quotes.  I notice in this article there are many quotes just
included in quote marks.  Is something not
particularly aimed at a scholarly audience free to q uote without
attribution?.  My thesis was an academic
production so is full of notes and exact reference..   Would be interested
in any views on this point.

Thanks again  to Hal Bush for bringing this essay   to our attention and to
Hal Bush for sending a link which worked!
 Arianne Laidlaw

--
Arianne Laidlaw A '58