From:
Taylor Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Dec 1992 21:27:18 EST
Robert Dagnall: Since you asked about whether $50.00 was a good price
for Paine's _Biography_, you may be interested in the following for
comparison.  Catalogue Six of MacDonnell Rare Books lists a 3 volume
set (Harper, 1912), first edition, first printing, etc., for $200.00.

Of course, maybe MacDonnell's prices are quite high.  For example, he
lists Dennis Welland's _Life and Times of MT_ (New York: Crescent Books,
1991) for $30.00.  As I mentioned a few weeks ago, I just picked this up
in the bargain bin of a local bookstore for $10.00 CDN, which is even
cheaper in U.S. dollars.

However, this is the second catalogue of MacDonnell's that I've
received, and both have listed a good number of MT books.  I tried to
get the 2 vol. set of the _MT-Howells Letters_ from the last catalogue
for something like $50.00, but unfortunately someone beat me to it.  For
others who are interested in receiving the catalogue, write: MacDonnell
Rare Books, 9307 Glenlake Drive, Austin, Texas 78730.  Or phone: (512)
345-4139.

Regards,
Taylor Roberts