From:
Dennis Eddings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Jul 2012 11:59:28 -0700
I would add a hearty amen to Professor Cosgrove's complaint about commercial self-promotion becoming far too common on the Twain list serve.  Alas, this is not the only such forum being so infected.  But what can one expect?  Tawdry times beget tawdry behavior.  Or perhaps Professor Cosgrove and myself are sadly infected with "emerititus," being now old codgers sniffing disdainfully at the "brave" new world we find ourselves in.  Or would that be "dinosauritis"?  Whatever, I do miss the sprightly exchanges which have so enlivened the forum.  Perhaps the list's monitors need to pay closer heed to what is being posted.

dennis eddings
One of those emeritus guys