Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2008 15:06:09 -0700
Mark, thank you so much for your helpful and interesting message about your
own
experiences here and at conferences.  Reassuring (and entertaining.)

>     Twain said he had no prejudices because all he needed to know was
> that someone was a human being -- he couldn't be any worse.

That made me laugh out loud.  Thanks.

>    After that, if you have any doubts you belong here, remember the
> words of Tom Tenney (all honor to his name): "You're precisely the kind
> of person we need."

I hope so.  We'll see.  I've had several experiences already of the
generosity of
posters here.  I'm grateful.

OH!  Hal Bush led me to google you and I'm awe struck by the work you did
on The Shape of the River.  Wonderful achievement.  And a terrific
contribution to
us all.  I haven't checked youtube to see if there are any snippets of the
program
there.  A friend just posted a few videos for me  made from old movies I
took in
Indonesia and Africa. I've always wanted to share them and Youtube is handy.

Warm regrads,
Arianne Laidlaw.