From:
Tracy Wuster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Feb 2012 12:18:01 -0600
Hello all,

I wanted to draw your attention to three recent posts on "Humor in America"
that are Mark Twain related.

First, Jeffrey Melton has a great piece on teaching satire:

Teaching the Irony of Satire
(Ironically)<http://humorinamerica.wordpress.com/2012/02/07/teaching-the-irony-of-satire-ironically/>

I have two piece from this week.  The first is on illustrations of Mark
Twain and the jumping frog, including one rarely seen image of Twain as a
frog from his scrapbook that the Mark Twain Papers graciously scanned for
me from Twain's scrapbook.

Mark Twain and The Jumping
Frog<http://humorinamerica.wordpress.com/2012/02/14/mark-twain-and-the-jumping-frog/>

And, finally, today is Hal Holbrook's birthday.  In his honor, I have
posted a story of meeting Mr. Holbrook in Elmira in 2009, along with four
videos of Mr. Holbrook speaking.  The first, courtesy of Patrick Ober, is
of Hal speaking briefly at the conference.  The final three are Hal
speaking at the site of Twain's study.  The videos are almost completely
dark--that is not a technical problem.

Happy Birthday Hal
Holbrook!<http://humorinamerica.wordpress.com/2012/02/17/happy-birthday-hal-holbrook/>

I hope you enjoy!

Best,

Tracy

p.s. As a reminder, we are always looking for contributions to the site.
 Let me know if you have questions about contributing.