From:
Hal Bush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Nov 2005 07:51:04 -0600
On 11/29/05 5:38 PM, "Dr. Ron Dutcher" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I have no doubt that you are in some way
> related to Samuel Clemens, but not a descendent.  Many members on the list
> take that difference entirely too seriously.

Dr. Ron;  that is a funny comment, and possibly even true.

PS-- I have heard that some doctors are entirely too serious about the
differences between heartburn and heart attacks.  Is that true?

PSS--  most of the members of this list are English teachers, so words are
our main stock in trade.  I was glad to see someone beat me to the punch
already this morning with Twain's delightful lightning-bug quote, meaning
that apparently even old Clemens himself was at times "entirely too serious"
about word choice!!

Blessings,

Harold K. Bush, Ph.D
Saint Louis University