From:
Taylor Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Aug 2018 12:51:51 -0400
I just happened to read a relevant terminus point re: trauma from train
technology if you need an example of that.

Kurt Vonnegut adopted his sister's three children in 1958 after she died of
cancer and, 24 hours later, their father, James Adams, died in a train
crash:

Years later, KV wrote to one of his daughters:

"I will guess, simply on the basis of what most psychologists believe about
impressionable ages, that you were more screed up by the sudden change of
the shape of our family when the Adamses came than by my departure much
later on. Then again, maybe not." (KV to Nanny Vonnegut, 25 Aug 1975, qtd.
in Dan Wakefield, ed.).

Take care,
Taylor