From:
Mike Pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jan 2017 00:24:39 +0000
Respectfully answering your questions, Jen.

Who was watching the lab?  Was there any controversy here?  Does this resemble an election, in any way?  What could go wrong?
Andrew Grove, a founder and CEO of Intel Corporation, wrote, " "I tend to believe Mark Twain hit it on the head when he said, "Put all of your eggs in one basket and WATCH THAT BASKET."
? Andrew S. Grove<https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/37708.Andrew_S_Grove>, Only the Paranoid Survive
<https://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/664484>

Most lab sabotage is inadvertent. The link below includes a discussion -- one of many possible.

https://www.reddit.com/r/labrats/comments/4k7whx/how_has_someone_sabotaged_your_experiments/

News is sketchy about whether any biologists in the world would do such a thing intentionally.
It's usually paranoia to think they would.

On matters of DNA, David Carkeet defers to Jennifer Zinck.

I kind of expect Jennifer will agree with this entire post.  As a responsible scientist, it's what I think she'd say to an intelligent group if her topic were the topic I raised in this forum today.
"I knew I was in the hands of an expert. I bided my time, awaiting her report," he writes in his report.
The following links are not intended to disparage scientists.  It's just part of being fully informed.
Multiple separate tests -- great.  Respect for experts, fine.  Matter closed?  For them who want to move on, no problem.
For them who want to keep going, is that a problem?

Sincerely,
Mike  Pearson

<https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/lab-sabotage-some-scientists-will-do-anything-to-get-ahead/>https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/lab-sabotage-some-scientists-will-do-anything-to-get-ahead/

Lab Sabotage: Some Scientists Will Do Anything to Get ...<https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/lab-sabotage-some-scientists-will-do-anything-to-get-ahead/>
blogs.scientificamerican.com
In the world of science, it's publish or perish. Researchers who publish a greater number of papers in high-status journals are more likely then their colleagues to ...

and
<https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/lab-sabotage-some-scientists-will-do-anything-to-get-ahead/>

<https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/lab-sabotage-some-scientists-will-do-anything-to-get-ahead/>http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/04/csi-is-a-lie/390897/

[https://cdn.theatlantic.com/assets/media/img/mt/2015/04/AP120302184169/lead_large.jpg?1430144283]<http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/04/csi-is-a-lie/390897/>

CSI Is a Lie - The Atlantic<http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/04/csi-is-a-lie/390897/>
www.theatlantic.com
CSI Is a Lie. America's forensic-investigation system is overdue for sweeping reform.

Lab Sabotage: Some Scientists Will Do Anything to Get ...<https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/lab-sabotage-some-scientists-will-do-anything-to-get-ahead/>
blogs.scientificamerican.com
In the world of science, it's publish or perish. Researchers who publish a greater number of papers in high-status journals are more likely then their colleagues to ...

<https://www.reddit.com/r/labrats/comments/4k7whx/how_has_someone_sabotaged_your_experiments/>

[https://www.redditstatic.com/icon.png]<https://www.reddit.com/r/labrats/comments/4k7whx/how_has_someone_sabotaged_your_experiments/>

How has someone sabotaged your experiments? * /r/labrats<https://www.reddit.com/r/labrats/comments/4k7whx/how_has_someone_sabotaged_your_experiments/>
www.reddit.com
hey guys, I'm new here and was encouraged to join by a friend of mine! I'm a scientist at Cambridge University and my partner and I are just...