From:
Jim Zwick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 31 Jul 1997 15:26:46 +0000
Robert Hirst of the Mark Twain Project has sent a response to the
Letter to the Editor of the San Francisco Examiner mentioned in my
last web update (the letter called for digitizing the collection
instead of continuing with traditional book publication).  Harriet
Smith forwarded the text of the letter to me with a request that I
put it online and I have done so.  If it is published in the
Examiner, I will probably need to take this text offline and replace
it with a link to the Examiner page.  It is now available at:

Mark Twain Project's Response to a Letter in the San Francisco
Examiner
http://www.accinet.net/~fjzwick/twain/mtp.html

There are many good points made in the letter and even those
familiar with the Project's work will undoubtedly find it
useful.  I have also added links to the Examiner's articles and
other online resources at the bottom of the page.

Thanks to Harriet Smith for providing the text of this letter and the
response from Charles Faulhaber about the Project's impact on overall
Bancroft funding that was circulated through the Forum earlier.

Jim Zwick