From:
Barry Crimmins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2006 18:52:42 -0400
Tell the people of Iraq about venomous attacks. Or John Kerry. Or Max
Cleland. Or Valerie Plame Wilson. Or John McCain's wife. Or Cindy
Sheehan. Or millions of Americans who have watched our public
government cloaked in more and more secrecy as our own privacy
becomes more and more violated. How about the Fourth Amendment? Why
not just replace it with two Second Amendments? That way we can at
least have the option to shoot ourselves when the authorities come to
extraordinarily render us to God knows where.

Or how about soldiers stop-lossed into multiple tours of duty in a
quagmire deepened each day because a spoiled rich boy can never admit
a mistake? Or record deficits and spending while vital services to
the needy are cut not to the bone, but the marrow? And then there's
the matter of torture becoming synonymous with our once proud nation.

The man is as evil as he is stupid. He has misled us into a
calamitously needless war, beset us with economic ruin and turned the
US government into an operation of the cronies, by the cronies and
for the cronies.  He has integrated church and state and advocated
superstition over science. Mark Twain would be whirring in his grave
if such egregious circumstances were not discussed in a forum bearing
his name.

Yeah, how dare we speak up in this forum? Because to protest is to
drag all the good lemmings on this list into the same super computer
of paranoia that is right now checking for people who use dangerous
words  like 'protest,' 'justice' and 'accountability.' How unfair!
How venomous!

I'll tell you what, Professor, you truly deserve all the humility you
can muster for attempting to make George W. Bush the victim, when he
is the perpetrator.

In patriotic defiance,

Barry Crimmins