From:
Kevin Mac Donnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jun 2015 09:08:49 -0500
This if an FYI for the benefit of those attending the conference in Hannibal next month. First a fair warning: Those of us attending will gossip about those not in attendance, so sign up now!

Second, if you can tolerate a bit of self-promotion, I’ll do a presentation on `Mark Twain Kills Boy.’ This is no fictional boy, but a flesh and blood boy who was shot to death in the 1890s, and some said Sam Clemens did it. I’ll review the evidence, but to learn more you’ll have to come to Hannibal.

Third and most important, I’ve clipped the notice below from a  newsletter just sent out by a museum some of you may not be familiar with—The Freedom Center/Jim’s Journey. It’s a very short stroll around the corner from the Boyhood Home and they are making a special effort to offer hours that fit with the conference schedule.

July 23-25 is the Clemens Conference 2015 - A symposium hosted by the Mark Twain Boyhood Home and Museum, more than 30 Twain scholars from around the world will spend three days in Hannibal presenting papers on everything imaginable about Samuel Clemens.  At the request of several attendees Jim's Journey has been included on the Hannibal tour, we've given them from 10-5 on Wednesday, (July 22) and Friday (July 24) from 1-5 to take the Jim's Journey tour.  This is a wonderful opportunity to finally meet some individuals we have been chatting with over the years and to introduce people like Dr. Loren Ghiglione, who visited in 2011, to our new home.

Kevin
@
Mac Donnell Rare Books
9307 Glenlake Drive