Sender: Mark Twain Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: cd-rom
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 1995 21:32:17 -0400
The flawed _Twain's World_ may be ordered directly from:

Bureau Development, Inc.
141 New Road
Parsippany, NJ 07054

A newer version, with corrections, was supposed to have come out last
August,
but I have had no word from the folks there since long before that time.
My use of the word _flawed_ has to do primarily with the highlighted text
that comes with the disc. An example?
In _Die Meisterschaft_ the word _seine_ is used in proper German context and
is highlighted. One clicks on this word and finds that this German pronoun
is
merely a fishing net or a river in France.
Another example? Okay. At the end of _Tom Sawyer_ there is a quiz,
presumably
for young readers. One of the questions has to do with why Peter the cat
went
crazy. The answer, according to the fine folks down there in New Jersey is
Tom's failure to feed the cat. I really thought it had to do with a kind of
overfeeding, if you will.
I could go on, but the point is, do not spend your money until these people
come out with their new edition, which, one hopes will be soon. They did a
remarkable job, actually, and I look forward to a proofread release of this
disc.

Marcus W. Koechig