From:
Taylor Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jul 1992 00:52:47 EDT
I've been thinking about compiling a list of organizations,
libraries, shops, etc., concerned with Mark Twain.  The directory
could be made available on LISTSERV for all who wanted it, and each
entry would minimally include a description, mailing address, phone
number, e-mail address (if any), information on publications,
meetings, etc.

Does anyone besides me consider this a worthwhile undertaking, and
more specifically, does anyone want to volunteer for the task?
While I could carry it out myself, I'd be happy to get another
person(s) involved in this, especially someone who has other ideas
and who might be able to maintain the directory after an initial
version had been completed.

Off the top of my head, I can think of several sources from which
information could be consolidated: Encyclopedia of Associations,
Mark Twain Circular, directories of special libraries, etc.  Also,
information about research-in-progress could be solicited from
Forum subscribers for inclusion in a separate section.  There's no
limit, really, since the goal would be to end up with something as
thorough as possible.

Regards,
Taylor Roberts