From:
David H Fears <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 2008 14:58:21 EST
Thank you for the feat remark. I would finagle a sale here but I've had my
One-shot-by-God go at marketing here, save that I mention the book and the
Forum  at cocktail parties and get remarkable expressions in return.

Right now I'm working on Dec. 1889, and planning my next trip to Berkeley,
where my feat becomes sore feet, having to walk a mile each way and dodge all
the street people living in carts who look like escapees from the worst of the
 '60s. I tell myself they'd be handsome next to the prospectors of the
Comstock.

Though this is an imbalanced forum toward the literary end of things, I  hold
strong conviction that laying out the historical record, big and small,
mundane, arcane and earth-shaking--those things are at least as important as
chasing Freudian fantasies between the lines. Still, I do enjoy reading those
chases--it's all good, really. I'm currently closing out each evening with a
reading from Budd's _MT Social Philosopher_ which is steak compared to many of
the muffins one sees published these days.

When will your book be available for purchase?

David H Fears