Sender:
From:
MRS MARY LEAH CHRISTMAS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Apr 1994 10:32:21 EDT
In the course of my Twain studies several years and many miles ago, I
extracted a quote which, according to my notecard, is from _Life on the
Mississippi_. However, I'm now using a different edition, and the page
number does not correspond. Hours of page-flipping and "guesstimating" the
relative page position has failed to locate the sentence. (I wonder whether
I am even in the correct Twain book?) Would anyone be able to point me
toward the chapter that contains the following: "One's first voyage on a
ship is an experience which multitudinously bristles with striking
novelties."

Many thanks,

Mary L. Christmas