From:
Philip Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Aug 2021 22:33:20 -0400
Matt,

Of course, I should have realized that, at least you,   were aware that
Twain was in Elmira at the time of Douglas's speech.  I didn't have time
now to read your entire post on the CMTS website.   I can't imagine how
many hours you spent to compile all of that !

Great job even though you were unable to solve/answer the question of
Twain's presence at the actual event.