From:
Harriet Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 11:19:21 -0800
The identification of Harriet Wasson is correct. I know her one of her
descendants personally, and she has a copy of the book with the author's
signature in it, as well as some of the family history. My friend was
amazed that I knew of the book, and I was delighted to have the mystery of
its authorship solved! We have known each other for years, but the subject
never came up before. Wasson's brother Joseph was a journalist who for a
time edited a newspaper in Bodie, California. I turned my info over to Ken
Sanderson, who has been collecting a file on the rest of the family, some
of whose letters are here in the Bancroft Library. Harriet Smith