From:
Steve Jobe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 1995 21:23:00 EDT
I'd like to see posted to the list what surely must be a remarkable variety
of syllabi of colleagues who have taught Twain in undergraduate  or graduate
seminars.  Subscribers to H-SHGAPE (mainly historians of the Gilded Age and
Progressive Era) regularly post syllabi from which I've gleaned a lot of
ideas (or a lot of intentions, at least) for my post-Civil War literature
courses.

I'll gladly post the rudimentary syllabus from the Twain seminar I taught
two years ago, just as soon as my local computer support folks show me the
easiest way to do so.   But I'm teaching the same course again this fall and
would like to see alternative approaches and emphases.

Steve Jobe
Hanover College