Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 2021 12:09:35 -0700
From:
Nathaniel Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
I’m saddened and my thoughts go out to Hiroko, the family, and all the Twain scholars Hal helped over the years. He was such a generous guy. I feel lucky to have known him (and I really enjoyed his novel The Hemingway Files—a fun read and another aspect of his far-reaching legacy of literary scholarship).

[sent from phone]